Don’t forget that here at OSR in Kailua we offer acupuncture to all of our patients! Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine that has been introduced and become more popular in America in the last few decades. Acupuncture is the act of inserting very thin, stainless steel needles into the acupoints in your body.
A few of the conditions that are commonly treated at OSR by our acupuncturist are osteoarthritis, chronic headaches, and back, neck and shoulder pain. In most cases, acupuncture is fine to be used on children and the elderly. It is based around points on the body that can help restore the body to its natural state of health.
Some little known facts are:
- Acupuncture can increase the success rate of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) up to 65%
- The needles that are going into your skin are so small that acupuncture is virtually painless
- Acupuncturists often will check your pulse and look at your tongue to get some understanding of what is happening in your body.
- The first acupuncture needles were made from stone, bamboo, and bone. Modern day needles that are used are made from stainless steel.
- One of the most common uses for acupuncture is to act as an anesthetic because it is extremely effective in managing pain.
- Acupuncture varies on a case to case basis. Each person’s body has a different reaction and different stimuli points which means that each acupuncture visit is unique. Although you may be suffering from the same ailment as the person before you, there is a good chance your treatment will be completely different.
- One of the greatest perks of acupuncture is that it helps limit the use of prescription drugs for pain relief. Meaning- it is commonly prescribed by physicians for people who have a history of addiction.
- More than 3 million Americans use acupuncture each year.
Do you think acupuncture could help you? Give OSR a call or come visit us in Kailua for more information 488-5555!