Whether it’s a construction site, a textile factory, or an office, there are a range of common accidents and injuries that occur in all workplaces, affecting workers, families, and businesses all over. Check out some effective ways to prevent and treat 5 common work-related injuries below.
Common Causes Of Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Prolonged static posture
- Frequent or repetitive stretching
- Heavy lifting
Common Causes Of Slips, Trips, & Falls
- Wet and slippery floors
- Objects on the floor
- Loose carpeting
- Inadequate lighting
How To Prevent Injury
- Stay attentive and alert.
- Keep workspaces clean and uncluttered.
- Use signage to indicate slippery conditions.
- Label or cover uneven walkways.
- Rehabilitation exercises and physical therapy can help you heal and return to your daily activities.
- Safety pays: Implementing proper safety precautions could save an employer $40,000 per incident!
Did you know?
An effective safety & health program in the workplace could save $4-6 for every $1 invested in it!
Share This Infographic On Your Site
Machinery and Equipment Injuries
- Potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, and objects
- Loose clothing, shoes, jewelry, fingers, and unbound hair
- Workplace injury is common around poorly marked doorways
- Safety first: all workers should know the safety precautions of the workplace.
- Keep work environment free from hazards.
- Wear proper protective equipment.
- Store materials in a safe and secure manner.
- Treatment for injuries related to machinery depends on the circumstances.
- The best medicine here is prevention!
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Work-related motor vehicle accidents occur across all industries and involve drivers who transport people and freight, employees who drive company or personal vehicles, and even pedestrian workers who are hit by other motorists.
- Provide extensive employee safety training and enforce safe driving policies.
- Chiropractic care can alleviate back pain and discomfort.
- Physical therapy Near You can help restore movement and physical function.
Get wise behind the wheel: A driver safety program could save $3+ for every $1 invested.