- Relieve Stress
- Boost Immunity
- Reduce Anxiety
- Manage Low Back Pain
- Reduce Muscle Tension
- Help Fibromyalgia Pain
- Enhance Exercise Performance
- Sleep Better
- Relieve Tension Headaches
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Ease Symptoms of Depression
- Reduce the Pain of Osteoarthritis
- Decrease Stress in Cancer Patients
- Improve Balance in Older Adults
- Decrease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Temper Effects of Dementia
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Promote Relaxation
- Decrease Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Help Chronic Neck Pain
- Lower Joint Replacement Pain
- Increase the Range of Motion
- Decrease Migraine Frequency
- Improve Quality of Life in Hospice Care
- Reduce Chemotherapy-related Nausea
When you think about massage therapy in honolulu, you think about hot stones and luxuries day spas as they are portrayed in the movies. Well here is some great news, massages are no longer only available from high-end country clubs and health spas! Massage Therapy has become increasingly popular over the last decade and is now becoming widely accepted as a treatment alongside medical practice. If you have never had a massage, here are some basics. OSR is here to be your Kailua massage therapy provider!
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for manual manipulation of your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage therapists typically use their hands and fingers for massage, but may also use their forearms, and elbows. Depending on the type of massage, the
There are more than 250 kinds of massages that are practiced all over different parts of the world. Some of the most common types of massage are:
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes with the intention to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, this technique is used commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries and to reduce adhesions in fascia and muscle fibers.
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle, lighter form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you by increasing blood flow and circulation throughout the body.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sports activities to help prevent or treat injuries, again increasing circulation, which in turn reduces pain and inflammation.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries, repetitive motion, ischemia, and everyday stress.
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. Massages are a great way to relieve stress and to help your body relax. Along with these basic benefits, massage therapy can also be useful for helping:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- General muscle aches and paid
Massage Therapy Promotes Relaxation
Massage therapy promotes a relaxed, meditative state that actually relieves musculoskeletal pain for many patients. Massage can also increase blood circulation, reduce localized swelling, relieve muscle pain and spasms, and increase a patient’s range of motion. This treatment can also reduce the presence of substances in your body that may generate and sustain pain.
Our specialists in medical massage provide neuromuscular therapy that manipulates soft tissue with the aim of treating underlying causes of chronic pain involving the muscular and nervous systems. Our specialists provide massage therapy in Kailua to relieve the symptoms of neck pain, tension, stress, back pain, headache, and muscle pain. We address a wide range of issues, include:
- Tender muscles
- Nerve compression
- Incorrect posture
- Biomechanical problems caused by repetitive movement injuries
Combining chiropractic care with an individualized massage therapy regime will help your body achieve balance and health.Contact us for a consultation or to schedule an appointment for a therapeutic massage in Oahu.