Here at Oahu Spine & Rehab in Honolulu, we treat a large range of conditions. With our integrated health center approach, we are able to accurately diagnose and treat many different injuries and conditions. The following conditions, along with many others, are treated daily here at our office by our medical staff, physical therapists, chiropractors and more.
Whether caused by poor posture, stress, anxiety, injury, strain, or trauma, back and neck pain can be debilitating and all too common. Two-thirds of all adults will experience back or neck pain at some point in their lives. Chronic pain left untreated is misery, and the old stand-by treatment of popping pain pills, laying in bed, and eventual surgery do little to address the cause, and can often lead to more discomfort. Our comprehensive approach to treatment of your pain takes into consideration your lifestyle needs providing individualized care combining Chiropractic, Massage, Physical Therapy, and Physical Medicine. If you suffer from chronic back or neck pain contact us to schedule a consultation to start on the path to wellness.
can result from muscle strain and bad posture. Through spinal or cervical manipulation and realignment, we can help to relieve this strain. Improper function of the nervous system and pressure on blood vessels can be eased through soft tissue manipulation of the head, neck, shoulders, and back. Combined with Physical Therapy, Massage, and Chiropractic we can help stop chronic headaches from interfering with your life. The most common types of headache include:
- Tension –The most common type of headache, up to 80% of people suffer from tension or stress headaches on a regular basis. These can last anywhere from a half hour to several days. Constant ache or pressure; especially at the temples, back of the head, or the neck are hallmarks of this headache. Causes include: inadequate rest, poor posture, overexertion, emotional or environmental stress, and anxiety.
- Migraine – More than 30 million Americans suffer from migraines, most of these being women. Some are affected once or twice a year, others more than 15 timer per month. Migraines can be triggered by several factors including: stress (emotional), hormonal changes, weather and even certain foods. So how do you know if your headache is a migraine? If you experience at least two of the following symptoms with your headache, it is considered a migraine. Pain on one side of the head (can shift from one side to the other), throbbing pain, moderate to severe pain that interferes with, is worsened by or prohibits routine activity, nausea and/or vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound.
- Cluster –Typically, cluster headaches affect more men than women. These usually occur in groups or cycles which usually follow the seasons of the year, and are accompanied by sudden, debilitating pain on one side of the head. They can cause a watery eye, nasal congestion or a runny nose on the same side of the face.
If you suffer from headaches contact us to schedule a consultation. Together we can plan your path to wellness.
Sciatica is symptomatic of injury or stress on the sciatic nerve, and can cause increasing, pain, weakness, and numbness to the lower extremities. A herniated disc is often an underlying cause of sciatica. Physical Therapy, lifestyle changes and management are crucial in the healing process. Together we can speed the relief from sciatica. Contact us to schedule a consultation and we can begin your path to wellness.
Repetitive Motion Injuries
Repeated activities either for work or recreation can take a toll on your body and in order to continue to enjoy your lifestyle treatment may be necessary. Chiropractic and Integrative Healthcare are invaluable treatment options for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Tendinitis, and Bursitis.
- Carpal Tunnel – The bones of the wrist are called carpals and they form a tunnel and the median nerve travels from the forearm to the hand through this carpal tunnel. Repetitive motion can cause the tendons to become swollen putting pressure on the median nerve. Symptoms include shoot pain through the arm, pain, tingling and numbness in the index and middle fingers and the thumb, and weakness. Chiropractic will help to correct improper alignment of the upper spine, as well as offer Physical Therapy and controlled support to help alleviate your pain.
- Tendinitis – Microscopic tears in the tissue of the tendons from, stress, overuse, or repetitive motion can lead to inflammation when the body is unable to repair the tears as quickly as they are being made. The exasperation of this process leads to tendinitis and pain. Chiropractic pinpoints the cause and the location of the injury. Realignment of joints and tissue can ensure that the muscle will function correctly, and physical training and exercise will train the muscle to avoid strain.
- Bursitis – The Bursa is the soft pillow that acts as a lubricant and shock absorber between the body’s tissues including muscles, tendons, and bones. Much like tendinitis, bursitis occurs when repetitive motion causes damage to the bursa and the body is unable to repair itself before further damage occurs. Inflammation and pain can be treated through Chiropractic, but we can also provide the tools and information you need to prevent aggravation associated with repetitive motion disorders.
Knee Injury & Pain
Knee pain can stem from poor posture, gait, excess weight, injury, and degenerative disease, therefore, a one-treatment-fits-all approach is inadvisable. Through our integrative care we can individualize the healing process to your unique needs; blending Chiropractic, massage, nutrition, Physical Therapy, and when needed, orthotics, we will help you manage treatment toward a pain-free gait. Contact our offices today to schedule a consultation.
When the havoc of an auto accident or a personal injury disrupts your life you need support, and at Oahu Spine & Rehab we offer the pain management and healing strategies to get you back to enjoying your life.
Herniated and Bulging Discs – Whether you suffer from a bulging disc or a herniated disc the pain is excruciating. A bulging disc occurs when the soft gelatinous tissue between the vertebrate begins to shift out of place. Typically a bulging disc occurs over time. In contrast, a herniated disc usually occurs as a result of an injury or trauma to the spine. With a herniated disc the protective material actually ruptures and leaks. We provide non-surgical treatment for both of these ailments including Physical Therapy, decompression therapy, Chiropractic, and Massage.
The physical pain, stress, and economic hardship caused due to work injuries compound to a problem that can spiral quickly out of control. At Oahu Spine & Rehab we are committed to easing your pain, managing your stress, and getting you back to work fast. Through our integrated care you will achieve a foundation of wellness that can prevent further injuries in the future. Your productivity and enjoyment of life are a top priority.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and Weakness
Pelvic floor physical therapy involves the treatment of pelvic floor muscle group, which is responsible for a variety of functions. This includes support of the pelvic organs, bowel and bladder control, sexual function and core stability .